- In order to provide for your care here we need to collect and keep information about you and your health on our records.
- We will retain your information securely.
- We will only ask for and keep information that is necessary.
- We will only keep your records for as long as is necessary and in accordance with legal requirements.
- We will attempt to keep it as accurate and up to date as possible.
- We will explain the need for any information we ask for if you are not sure why it is needed.
- We ask you to inform us about any relevant changes that we should know about, such as any new medical treatment or change of contact details.
All persons in the practice sign a confidentiality agreement that explicitly makes clear their duties in relation to handling personal health information and the consequences of breaching that duty. Practice staff may have access to your records for:
- Typing referral letters to GPs, Hospital consultants, etc.
Opening letters from hospitals and consultants. These letters will be scanned into your electronic record.
Scanning clinical letters, reports and any other documents not available in electronic format.
Photocopying or printing documents for referral to consultants.
Handling, printing, photocopying and mailing or emailing medicolegal, health insurance reports etc. and associated documents.
We will only keep your records for as long as is necessary and in accordance with legal requirements.
Disclosure of information to others